It is a great idea to have insurance in the case of costly damage to your car, home or health. However, filling a claim with home, renter’s, health or the car insurance companies can sometimes result in 20 to 40 percentage rates will hike. The best way to ensure the large insurance claim is paid without increasing rates is rated learning how the insurance companies will look at your claims, as insurance for disasters rather than small expenses that you are suffering. Then, you can decide which of the claims are unlikely or likely to raise the rate and which are likely to keep all of them steady. Also, learn how to file an insurance claim without increasing your rates.
Insurance Claim without Increasing Rate
1. Research your policy benefits ahead of time: There are too many advantages to having knowledge about your policy. Some insurance agents must have reported any discussion of claims,whether or not they are filed. If you did not answer questions, call now to discuss the policy without the risk of raising your rates.
2. Document the reason for your claims very well:
Every type of insurance, whether it’s health, collision, life or home requires the different types of documentation. If you just have been in a car collision, take pictures or video of the car are moved. Then,ask witnesses for their names, accounts and phone numbers.
3. Know why companies tend to raise insurance premiums so that you can avoid these red flags: Insurance companies can/may drop coverage or raise rates if people make frequent claims. There are certain kinds of claims that are almost likely to increase your premiums. These are dog bites, slip and fall accidents in the medical insurance sector. Water damage in the home sector is seen as risky because many insurance companies do not cover water damage or the mold.
4. Do not assume that every type of claim should be filed: Sometimes the best protection against the rates being raised is to choose your claims carefully. You can save your insurance for the large claims and pay smaller claims out of pocket.
5. You have to choose high-deductible insurance policies in order to end the worry of having rates hiked for a lot of small claims is to choose a policy with a highly-deductible.
6. Consider of not filing a claim, if you could have pretended the damage that may occur. If you got the insurance company that can prove that your negligence led to damage then they will surely refuse to pay for your investment and after that, your rates will surely go a bit up. So, most insurance companies have a time limit on submitting claims.